This article helps our Volunteer Squad keep the database clean and consistent! It pertains to members who have Creator access and above. If you're interested in getting involved, read more about joining the Squad here. We'd love to have you aboard!
As 3D printed items can be collected just like any mass-produced items, printable 3D models can be added to hobbyDB! Please follow these guidelines when adding a 3D printed item to hobbyDB.
- Each printable item (digital 3D model) should only be added to the database once, regardless of material, color, and print size. Those attributes can instead be specified when a member adds the print to their collection or lists a print for sale.
- The Database Item should represent the raw, unpainted print, unless the creator is specifically selling quantities a painted version (which would be a Variant of the Database Item for the raw print).
- Use the most applicable Database Item Type (such as Figures or Model Cars).
- The designer of the digital 3D model should be set as the Brand. If we do not already have a Subject for the designer, create one and use the "Designer" Subject Type.
- Series should generally be left blank.
- Production Status should be "3D Printed" (coming soon).
- Fill out the rest of the fields according to our standard Database Item Conventions and any applicable type-specific conventions.
- The item's Main Photo should be a simple render of the 3D model if available, not a photograph of a print. Photos of prints can, however, be added as additional photos. If photos of prints are added, please enter a caption describing the print, including details like the material, print type (FDM, SLA, etc.), and print size.
Photo: 3D printer by kjpargeter on Freepik