This article helps our Volunteer Squad keep the database clean and consistent! It pertains to members who have Contributor access and above. If you're interested in getting involved, read more about joining the Squad here. We'd love to have you aboard!
StockX is an online marketplace with specialized staff who physically evaluate every item for authenticity and condition before being sent to the buyer. Because of StockX's verification process we consider them a trusted source for Price Points. All sales on StockX qualify for the hobbyDB Price Guide.
How to Add StockX Price Points to hobbyDB
- Find the item by searching StockX.com.
- Click the View Sales button:
- A list of sales with their date, time, and sale price will appear:
- Each one of those sales can be added as a Price Point on hobbyDB. Go to the Database Item's on hobbyDB, click Price Points, then click Add other Price Point:
- Fill out the form as follows:
- Title: Leave the default title (the item name).
- Price Source: Set to StockX.
- Currency (if not US$) and Value (in that currency): Leave empty.
- Value (US$): Enter the Sale Price from StockX.
- Condition: Set to Mint by moving the slider all the way to the right.
- Packaging: Set to Mint by moving the slider all the way to the right.
- Description: Enter the time sold from StockX (this helps differentiate Price Points if there were multiple sales on the same date).
- Valued at: Enter the date sold from StockX.
- Image: Leave empty.
- Source URL: Enter the URL of the item on StockX.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Repeat for each sale listed on StockX. Be sure to check the list of the item's Price Points for previously entered StockX sales so they aren't duplicated.