Have you inherited a collection that you’d wish to conveniently sell? Are you leaving the hobby and looking to unload your collection all in one go?
We're introducing a program that will allow our members to offer their entire collections for sale to our Trusted Sellers for a maximum return and the peace of mind knowing that you got a fair price.
Here's is what you have to do -
- First, add your collection to hobbyDB (find out how to here). Don't forget that for newer items in their packaging you can easily add items to your collection by using the barcode scanner via the hobbyDB App. You can download the App here.
- Then let us know that your collection has been added and you're ready to sell. Make sure to send us your Member Name.
What we will then do -
- We'll share your collection on hobbyDB with our Trusted Sellers.
- Interested Sellers will make a bid on your collection.
Sit back and decide -
- You can decide which bid you'd like to accept.
And we wrap this up for you!
- The Bidder pays hobbyDB and we keep the money in escrow on your behalf.
- You ship the collection to the selected Buyer.
- The Buyer confirms that they have received the collection and it's in the condition as was stated.
- We pay you!
Since we can use the power of the database to transfer your collection information (specifically listing photos and conditions), it will make it much easier for the new owner to list these items for sale in the future if they choose to do so. This enables our Trusted Sellers to offer better pricing than usual when buying our members' collections.
We charge 7% for this service plus a one-time setup fee of $50. To get started, we'll be waiving the setup fee for all new collection sellers through March 2022.