Have you inherited a collection that you’d wish to conveniently sell? Are you leaving the hobby and looking to unload your collection all in one go? We have two different ways that you can sell your collection hobbyDB. If you add your full collection to hobbyDB, then you can take advantage of our Collection Sales Program. Don't have the time or want to add your full collection to hobbyDB? You can list your item as a single lot and offer it on the hobbyDB marketplace.
Option #1: Add your collection to hobbyDB and take advantage of our Collection Sales Program
We have introduced a new program that will allow everybody to offer their entire collections for sale to our Trusted Sellers for a maximum return and the peace-of-mind knowing that you got a fair price.
Here's what you have to do
- First, add your collection to hobbyDB (find out how here). Don't forget that for newer items in their packaging you can easily add items to your collection by using the barcode scanner via the hobbyDB App.
- Once you've added your collection to hobbyDB, you can calculate its estimated value by clicking the "Recalculate" button in the My Collection Section on your Showcase.
Don't forget, you can update your collection value every 12 hours to ensure you always have the most up to date estimated value!
- If you would like to separate your collection into multiple logical sub-collections just let us know. For example, you can separate your Car Brochures, Brooklin Models, and Fire Engines. If you want to do that just create a separate List for each of these (Lists are explained here). We can advise on what makes for good sub-collections and what does not.
- Then just let us know that your collection has been added, you're ready to sell and let us know if you want to sell all, one or more than one Lists. Make sure to send us your Member Name and if you have not added it to your Showcase (here under the header Showcase) your location.
What we will then do
- We'll check your collection and if needed add Estimated Values to items that do not have one yet
- Then we share your collection or the List/s you want to sell with the best-fit Collection Buyers.
- Interested Collection Buyers will make a bid on your collection.
- We'll relay bids offers back to you.
Sit back and decide...
- Look at all the offers you received and decide which bid you'd like to accept!
And we wrap this up for you!
- We introduce you to the buyer and they will send you some instructions re packing and shipping.
- You ship the collection to the selected buyer.
- The buyer lets you know that they have received the collection and that it's in the condition as was stated.
- The buyer pays you (minus our fee).
Our Collection Buyers pay more because...
Since we can use the power of the database to transfer your collection information (specifically listing photos and conditions), it will make it much easier for the new owner to list these items for sale in the future if they choose to do so. This enables our Collection Buyers to offer better pricing than usual when buying our members' collections.
What are the Fees?
For Collections up to $1,000 in Estimated Value, we charge a fee of 10% plus a $50 Handling Fee.
For Collections up to $5,000 in Estimated Value, we charge a fee of 10%. For Brands or Series where we already have Estimated Values for all or almost items (currently that is BrickHeadz and Funko) this is reduced to 8%. There is no Handling Fees for these.
For Collections up to $25,000 in Estimated Value, we charge a fee of 8%. For Brands or Series where we already have Estimated Values for all or almost items (currently that is BrickHeadz and Funko) this is reduced to 6%. There is no Handling Fees for these.
If your collection is worth more than $25,000 we offer bespoke pricing.
Option #2: List your item as a lot and offer it on the hobbyDB marketplace
If you don't have the time or want to add your full collection to hobbyDB, the next option is to list it as a lot in the hobbyDB marketplace. To learn how to list your collection as a lot, visit this help article here.