As of February, 9th buyers pay sellers directly (for orders before that date please see more info here).
What this means for our Sellers
- No more waiting for payment - buyers will use our PayPal checkout to pay sellers directly and immediately when purchasing an order
- You will have direct access to your customers - so you can confirm order information and re-market to buyers in the future.
- No need to set shipping costs for all items or for all countries - sellers will eventually have full control over PayPal invoices (buyers will be able to request an invoice) and can adjust in real-time.
- You can offer more competitive pricing - as by doing this hobbyDB will NOT be required to charge sales tax like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and other marketplaces.
- Sell Anywhere - You can offer your items on a Forum, Facebook or elsewhere and agree on a transaction and then ask the buyer to check out on hobbyDB, making sales admin much easier.
What this means for our Buyers
- More ways to pay - with the new secure PayPal checkout, you’ll be able to pay for items using PayPal, Major Credit Cards, Venmo, and PayPal Credit.
- Streamlined transactions - since sellers have to pay for listings upfront, there is a much better chance that they will have your item in stock and will be able to quickly fulfill your order.
- More control over your full experience - No need to wait for us to help resolve any order issues. Now you’re in full control when it comes to resolving disputes.
- Better prices on items - No sales tax and cheaper listing fees mean sellers can offer better prices to their customers.