This article helps our Volunteer Squad keep the database clean and consistent! It pertains to members who have Curator access and above. If you're interested in getting involved, read more about joining the Squad here. We'd love to have you aboard!
This is a tool for Curators to check all Database Items associated with the Subject they curate. Once you checked attributes, description and photos for an item click on the Verify button in the Edit menu -
This will create an entry in the Metadata section on the bottom left that shows the item as verified, with the verifier's username, link to their Showcase and the date of the Verification -
Verifying Database Items systematically
- Select Manage Database Items from the Curator Menu.
- Look to the right side under the Filter section.
- Search for the name of your Subject or otherwise filter for the items you want to verify.
- Scroll down and find the Verified filter.
- Set verified to No (this sets filter system to find all items that you to search that have NOT been verified yet).
- Scroll to the bottom on the right side and click the blue Filter button.
- The page will automatically refresh,
- Select any item on that list you want to verify, click on the link of the item for it to open in a new tab.
- Verify as above.
- Close the tab which returns you to the Manage Database page with all the Not Verified items you have selected
- Repeat the process.