If you're new to selling on hobbyDB, or just wish to get more sophisticated with your shipping settings, we recommend you utilize our shipping tools to make your life as a seller easier. Here's a step by step guide for how to set up your shipping settings:
Step 1 - Set your Shipping Costs with Shipping Groups!
The first step to streamlining your listing process is to set your Shipping Groups. Keep in mind, the more places you ship, the more sales you will get.
- Navigate to your seller dashboard where you can click on "Shipping Groups"
- Click the button that says "Add New Shipping Group"
- Then add all the details: the "Group Name" title (this will help you if you sell different types of items, for example, Hot Wheels and Bears), the zone, the cost, and the cost to ship with another item. Here's an example for Hard Rock Cafe Pins:
Note: "Cost in $ to ship with another item" is essentially rewarding buyers that buy multiple items from you at one time, which increases your sales! So using the screenshot above as an example, let's say a buyer bought three different Hard Rock Cafe Pins from you, the shipping cost would only be $7.00 plus $1.00 plus $1.00, for a total of $9.00 for shipping.
Creating Shipping Groups helps organize your shipping in a way that's easy to understand and manage. We recommend having one Default Shipping Group for the type of item that you sell the most of, and then adding any additional sizes/types (for example, Action Figures or Bears). Here's an example of what your Shipping Groups could look like.
To edit your Shipping Groups, just click on the little pencil icon next to the Group title. To delete, click on the little red trashcan icon.
Step 3 - Set your shipping zone caps
A "Shipping Zone Cap" is the maximum dollar amount that you'll charge a customer to ship a package to a specific area. So for example, you could say for orders placed in the United States, you'll never charge more than $35 for shipping, for up to 200 items in an order. This incentivizes buyers to place large orders without fear of exorbitant shipping costs.
- Navigate to your seller dashboard where you can click on "Shipping Zone Caps"
- Select your specific zone, enter your dollar amount for the Cap, and then click "Create Shipping Zone Cap"
For more seller tips and tricks, check out our Selling on the marketplace article!
We like awesome features. We think you will too. Follow the links below to find out more for each.