Selling online has never been this easy. With more than 150,000 listings already in the hobbyDB database, uploading your inventory takes no more than a few clicks.
There are the three ways to add items to your store
To add an item to your store, it must first be in our database. To see if your item is already in the database, simply use our powerful search engine to find what you are looking for. For example, if you search for the “Custom Volkswagen Beetle Toy #P2441”, then you will see the item is the first result –
Add an item to your store in ten seconds
Once you find your item, click on it and you’ll be redirected to it’s database page. Here you will be able to click the “Sell” button on the top right hand side of the page.
Then, you will be asked for the condition of your item, as well as some other custom characteristics
Next, select “Add Images” and you’ll be prompted to add your own images of the item. If you prefer, you can also use the standard image of the item that has already been uploaded by hitting “Save Photos & Set Price” without uploading any other images.
Finally, add your price and shipping costs, if they are different to your default shipping costs (if you haven’t already set your shipping costs, find out how here). Then click “List for Sale” and you’re off to the races!
Add an item to your store in thirty seconds
If your item is not already listed in the database, there are two other ways that you can quickly add your item.
- Add a variant: If the item is a different version of the same item, then click the blue “Add a Variant” button.
- Clone Catalog Item: If the item is something similar but not the same, then click the blue “Clone Catalog Item” button.
Once you select either method, simply change the characteristics to match your item, and then hit “Save”! Then follow the same instructions above to list your item in the store.
Add an item to your store in one minute
If your item is not listed in the database, and it does not have any variants, then you will have to quickly add it to the catalog before listing. To do so, simply click on the “Add to Catalog” button on the top of your navigation menu, pick your item type, enter in all of the characteristics of the item, add photos, and then you’ll be set. For more detailed instructions, visit – http://help.hobbydb.com/catalog/adding-a-catalog-item/
Once you’ve added your item, simply follow the first set of instructions above to list it!
Other helpful inventory management tools –
Once your item is listed in your store, you will see an image of cog on the item’s picture. If you click on that cog, you will see a bunch of other inventory management tools, such ad adding your inventory and removing your item from your store. Read on for more details!
- If you’d like to add inventory of a particular item, you can click on the cog on the picture of your item in your store like so, and select “Add Inventory”
- If you would like to have your item show up in the first few listings in your store, select “Set at as Featured Item”
- If you would like to remove your item from the first few listings in your store, select “Remove as Featured Item”
- If you sell out of an item and would like to remove it from your store, you can click “Remove from Store”
Once you’ve successfully added all of your items to your store, you’ll be able to take advantage of some awesome marketing tools! To find out more, read 3 Ways to Get Your Store Noticed now.