When it comes to the hobbyDB database, we think it’s incredibly important to preserve the legacy of every artist, brand, designer, event and publisher. We created hobbyDB with the intention to ensure data lives on forever. And, by creating official archives, we are able to do just that for every partner that comes onboard.
Check out the Official Archives of many of your favorite brands such as these –
It’s super simple to set up your official archive. Here’s how it works;
- Gather all of your data in your back catalog in as much detail as possible and add it to the database. Ideally, include the details and images of every single thing you’ve ever produced, including prototypes, pre-production models, tie-in merchandise… everything! For specific instructions on how to add your items, click here.
- Once you’re finished adding all of your items, let us know and we’ll transform your subject page into an “Official Archive” page. We’ll add a custom cover photo to your page so community members know what’s up.
- As an official brand partner, you also get access to a free customized storefront on hobbyDB. If you’d like to list any of your items in your collection for sale, follow these instructions.
- Add a link to your website that links back to your official archive on hobbyDB.
- And last, but not least, when we are ready to announce your official archive to the hobbyDB community, we will put together a customized marketing launch plan for you. The plan will be super easy to follow and will include tactics that will help get the word out about your new archive!
So far, we’ve had an awesome response to the program from a huge variety of places. Customizers like Brew City, Chris Stangler and Liberty Promotions are on board, along with artists like Frank Kozik, publications such as the Hot Wheels Newsletter, events like the Official Hot Wheels Convention and brands including Automodello, Kidrobot, Kess and Matrix! We’re even able to extend the program to work with institutions like The Shelby American Collection museum, whose content we plan to soon start documenting with the help of some of their volunteers.